Re: question

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: question
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:21:30 +0100

Hello,

> Hi,
>
> I am sunila levi, I have a problem installing "xfstt" on solaris
> platform and whenever I say "make xfstt && make install", it says this
>
> c++ -g -Wall -pedantic  -DMAGNIFY=0 -c xfstt.cpp
> -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11/fonts \
>         -I/usr/X11R6/include/
> xfstt.cpp:47: X11/fonts/FS.h: No such file or directory
> xfstt.cpp:48: X11/fonts/FSproto.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [xfstt.o] Error 1

Well, "xfstt" doesn't use the FreeType library ("xfsft" does though,
and we know that they're both ugly names :-()

> What should I do about this
>From your command line, it seems that your compiler is unable to
find the "FS.h" and "FSproto.h" headers that normally come with
your X11 server.

this means that:

- you may have the X11 headers somewhere on your system, but
  not in "/usr/X11R6/include". Check your path to see if it is
  not in some other place.

- If you're on Linux, and using XFree, you probably didn't
  install the "XFree86-devel" package on your system. You should
  try to install it.

Otherwise, try the "xfstt" mailing list. I do not happen to know
what it's address but it should be easy to find with a search
engine..

Good luck,

- David