Re: [Cjk] separate ttf2pk package?

From: Werner Lemberg; ;
Subject: Re: [Cjk] separate ttf2pk package?
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:59:54 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, PILCH Hartmut wrote:

> I can take ttf2pk and friends out of the freetype current release
> myself, but it would be better if this was officially done by the
> authors and if ttf2pk was given a separate version number.  Otherwise
> the RPM package headers become somewhat ugly.

I must admit that I don't know how RPMs work internally.  For me it is
most convenient to have ttf2pk within the freetype tree, but I agree with
you that the development of ttf2pk is rather, hmm, slow currently :-)

If you like, send me patches to move it out of the FreeType hierarchy, and
I will create a separate CVS (on freetype.org? or on ffii.org? David?).

This will reduce the size of the FreeType archive, which might be a good
thing anyway.