[Devel] FTC_Manager - crashing on 'FTC_Manager_Done'

From: Richard Barber
Subject: [Devel] FTC_Manager - crashing on 'FTC_Manager_Done'
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:41:48 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm currently trying out the new cache module for Freetype2 but have run
into a problem when I try to shut down the cache manager in
FTC_Manager_Done, resulting in an access to a memory block that's already
been free()'d - and therefore, in a crash.

In ftcmanag.c (lines 299-300), it appears to first free the Size list for
the specific LRU cache and THEN to attempt to free the Face list for the
same cache. After that, in ftlru.c, while freeing the Face list, it then
tries to free the list of Sizes for that face (which, by then have already
been freed).

Is there any reason for freeing the Size list as well as the Face list
(in two seperate steps), since don't all FT_Size objects have a parent
face which will already be in the face list - or are there some
circumstances where this won't be the case?

regards,
Richard