Re: [Devel] Optimizatins to ttinterp.c

From: Nathan Hurst
Subject: Re: [Devel] Optimizatins to ttinterp.c
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:09:02 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, David Williss wrote:

> This is done via the __inline keyword, which I would create a #define
> for if I cared about portability. While I was at it, I added __inline
> to a few other really short functions but they didn't have much
> impact.

Is there 'inline' keyword support in your compiler?  that is the standard
way to indicate inlining.

#define inline __inline

> The big gain came from TT_MulDiv().  It turns out that all the other time
> soaking functions end up calling it.   Since TT_MulDiv is exported from
> the library, this would need some cleaning up, but it boils down to...

I'm wondering whether it would be better to use a floating point
version for most high end machines?  (once we have a glyph, the render
would still be better in fixed point, but there is a lot of chance of
bugs in complex code that performs scaling or sqrts using fixed point
operations for things like glyph extent calculation.)

njh