[Devel] Re: [Freetype] Summary of ANSI preprocessor trouble..

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: [Devel] Re: [Freetype] Summary of ANSI preprocessor trouble..
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:12:17 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, David Turner wrote:

> This clearly contradicts Kernighan and Richie !! It seems we need to
> put our hands on the _real_ ANSI C standard and see what the exact words
> are on it.. Anyone has this document and could share a quick lecture
> with us ??

It really does not matter what the real ANSI C standard says.  The
goal should be to find the most useful common denominator which works
across all compilers that might be conceivably be used to compile
FreeType.

It is unlikely that compilers will be fixed to work with FreeType so
FreeType must therefore be adjusted to work with all compilers which
claim to be ANSI C compliant (and produce correct code).

I have access to the ANSI C++ standard if we must have a standard to
look at.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn
address@hidden