Re: [Devel] Error code 0x0412?

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Error code 0x0412?
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:03:48 +0100

Hi Tom,

> I was debugging the problem with the font Mark Leisher provided me, and I get
> an
> error code of 0x0412.  This is not defined in the ft2 headers, but error code
> 0x0012 is defined:
>
>   FT_ERRORDEF( FT_Err_Invalid_Glyph_Format,         0x0012, \
>                "unsupported glyph image format" )
>
> So where does the 0x0400 "piece" come from?

There are some internal error codes in the following files too:

   freetype/internal/tterrors.h
   freetype/internal/t1errors.h
   freetype/internal/t2errors.h

they should have moved to <freetype/fterrors.h>, but we didn't do it
due to our lazyness.. It seems that 0x412 means:

    #define TT_Err_Too_Many_Function_Defs     0x412

which means that there are too many function definitions in this font
(or more exactly, that the "maxFunctionDefs" field of the "maxp" table
 in this font is not correctly set..)

I'd like to receive a copy of this font to perform some analysis,

Thanks,

- David