Re: [Devel] Re: help needed with wrfont.ps

From: Vladimir Volovich
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: help needed with wrfont.ps
Date: 21 Dec 2000 21:24:27 +0300

Hi Tom,

"TK" == Tom Kacvinsky writes:

 TK> GSF fonts are *almost* ATM (if you will) compatible:

 TK> 1. The charstrings data uses readhexstring, where "ATM" fonts use
 TK> readstring.

 TK> 2.  The private data is not eexec encrypted in a GSF font.

 TK> If you can change those two things, I think the font will work in
 TK> ATM (and FreeType).

Thanks a lot. Indeed, this was the reason of the problem.  There were
some other problems, howerer. E.g., using wrfont.ps, the Subrs array
was stored in a way incompatible with ATM.

i had to make some changes in wrfont.ps to make the above changes, and
now the fonts are ATM-compatible.

Thanks again,
v.