[Devel] CFF driver changes.

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] CFF driver changes.
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 12:18:52 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I have recently checked in changes for the CFF driver.

There is now a charset and encoding parser that, in the end, gives us a
CFF_Encoding struct that contains both a character code to glyph index mapping,
and also gives us a character code to string ID (SID) mapping.  The latter will
allow us to get glyph names.  My next step is to work on cleaning this up some
more (CID fonts don't have encodings, but the code as set up will return a
[invalid?] encoding, etc...)  After that, I will try to get the sysnthesized
Unicode mappings going...

Based on the charset/encoding stuff I had added, I was able to add code to the
CFF driver that implements the seac operator -- this chunk of code was added in
T2_Parse_CharStrings (and in supporting functions), and is implemented by
checking for additional arguments to the endchar operator.

Please let me know if you run into any problems...

Tom