Re: [Devel] Apple Licenses Question

From: Daniel Migowski
Subject: Re: [Devel] Apple Licenses Question
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 12:35:39 +0200

Hello,

> > I read from your freetype.orgs website, that apple patentet some of
> > the opcodes used for the true type VM.
> > Is this right?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Does someone have the patents for insight, oder can someone explain
> > the situation in more detail?
>
> Look at www.freetype.org/patents.html.

I tried to read the patents, but Delphion, the site that hosts them,
requires a membership to access the patents. Could someone with a membership
make the patents available to me? Of course only, if it is not forbidden to
make private copies of those in your region (it should be ok in germany, I
don't know how it is in USA).

Regards,
    Daniel Migowski