Re: [Devel] failure to complie release 2.1.2

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Devel] failure to complie release 2.1.2
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:31:16 +0300

> Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 01:29:25 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>
>

> [building version 2.1.2 of FreeType]
>
> > gcc -ansi -pedantic -I./objs -I./builds/dos -I./include -c -g -O6 -Wall -o
> > objs/
>
> > d:/djgpp/lib/gcc-lib/djgpp/3.1/include/stdarg.h:110: conflicting types for
> > `va_l
> > ist'
> > d:/djgpp/include/stdio.h:35: previous declaration of `va_list'
>
> A conflict between stdarg.h and stdio.h is something which should be
> reported to the DJGPP people (I've CCed Eli who is the right guy I
> think).  It looks like a bug in the compiler header files.

Indeed.  This is a known problem with GCC 3.1 and later; the
DJGPP-specific README file in the binary distribution of GCC explains
how to fix that.

(I wish that the compiler weren't so virulent about pushing its
replacements for system headers down the library's throat, but the
compiler maintainers think otherwise.  This problem happens because
GCC comes with its own version of stdarg.h, which conflicts with
stdio.h from the library.)