[Devel] Build problems with Watcom C under dosemu

From: J. Ali Harlow
Subject: [Devel] Build problems with Watcom C under dosemu
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:22:52 +0000

Hi Guys,

It seems that freetype 2.1.3 doesn't build out of the box in
my configuration. I've managed to build it with a few minor
adjustments, which I thought somebody might find useful.

The basic problem is that if you set SEP to /, then Watcom
falls over and if you set it to \, then Gnu make starts
doing silly things and no matter what I try, I can't get it
to accept a pattern rule for (eg.,) building .\objs\%.obj from
.\src\basic\%.c. The trivial slash program solves this for me.

There's an extra complication in that wlib runs into problems
with the length of the command line that the supplied rules
produce which I've solved using Gnu make's foreach function.

Finally, there's trivial bug in that wlib requires a library
name to be specified even if the -o option is given (which
means read from one library and write to another).

Oh, and dos-wat.mk is missing, but that was trivial to add.

Configuration details:

Watcom C version 11.0a
dosemu version 1.0.1-10 (RedHat)
RedHat version 7.2
Gnu make version 3.79.1 (djgpp version 2.03)
freetype version 2.1.3
MS-DOS version 6.22

--
Ali Harlow                              Email: address@hidden
Research programmer                     Tel:   (020) 7040 4348