[Devel] MingLiU TT font renders badly without bytecode interpreter

From: Jan Slupski
Subject: [Devel] MingLiU TT font renders badly without bytecode interpreter
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:10:58 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I have question about one specific TrueType font that renders badly
without bytecode interpreter turned on.

This font, AFAIK, is distributed in standard windows installation
(on my computer I found it in:
/mnt/winnt/winnt/ServicePackFiles/i386/lang/cht/mingliu.ttc).

And is completely unreadable when displayed with Freetype WITHOUT bytecode
interpreter.

I guess you tell me that it is "broken" or bad designed font, but
is there anything that can be done to display it better?

I'm attaching a sample of random glyphs displayed with and w/o bytecode
interpreter. If there is anything I can do to assist debugging this case,
just let me know.

I've been testing it on FT 2.1.3 (and earlier)

Thanks very much
Jan

PS.
Don't be confused with anti-aliasing - it may be not perfect, because
I converted image to indexed mode (32 color) to keep it small.

 |_| | | | \|                 http://www.pm.waw.pl/~jslupski