Re: [Devel] version

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] version
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:14:15 +0100

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Seefeld wrote:
hi there,

I just upgrated to the latest version of freetype - 2.1.3,
or should I say, libfreetype.so.6.3.2, or wait, 9.2.3,
according to freetype-config. :-)

What do these numbers mean ? Specifically, why doesn't
freetype-config report the same version numbers that are
appended to libfreetype.so ?

I don't remember precisely the history behind the numbers.
All I know for sure is that these come from the use of libtool
to generate the shared objects.

Maybe Werner, or some other Unix head here could answer this ?

I agree that this is *really* annoying

Cheers,

- David Turner