[Devel] Fw: More thoughts on FON files

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Devel] Fw: More thoughts on FON files
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:43:16 +0100 (CET)

George is still not able to subscribe...

     Werner
--- Begin Message --- Subject: More thoughts on FON files Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:45:56 -0800
Hi Werner,
   I'm still not on devel, so could you forward this for me?

Hi David,
I have just added code to pfaedit for reading FON files and I noticed the following things in freetype's FON reader (src/winfonts/winfnt.c): 1) The fnt header structure differs between version 2 (0x200) and version 3 (0x300)
        In particular the last 6 fields are not present
         in version 2 (that is flags and everything
         after it are omitted).
2) According to microsoft's online docs, the printed docs are wrong about the size of the final field in the version 3 structure. Microsoft's online docs say that this field should be 16 bytes long, while the printed docs say 4. I can't test this, not having any version 3 files.
        http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q65123
        (search down for dfReserved1)

So I propose the following patches. These have not been well tested. As I said I have no version 3 fonts to test with.

--- End Message ---