Re: [Devel] Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2.1.3

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: [Freetype] FreeType 2.1.3
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:38:29 +0100

Hello Heinrich,

Heinrich Wiedemann wrote:
Hello David,

I have been looking a little bit into ftstroker. Can you explain the intended
use and
how to utilize it ?

it's a path stroker, i.e. an algorithm that is capable to take a vectorial path
and "stroke" it (i.e. add "width" to each curve drawn).

It is required to support certain Postscript fonts, like the Hershey family
where
each glyph is defined by *open* paths, instead of closed ones.

Applied to glyph outlines, the algorithm can be used to implement emboldening,
"outlining" and a few other cool effects. you could also implement a
line-drawing
chinese character font driver with it :o)

I won't comment on how to use it. EXPERIMENTAL means that both the API and its
implementation might change in the future.

Regards,

- David Turner