Re: [Devel] Apple's 'gvar' table and friends

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Apple's 'gvar' table and friends
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 15:07:40 +0200 (CEST)

> > This looks fine.  I only wonder whether it wouldn't be better to
> > create ftvar.h and svvar.h -- I leave this up to you.
>
> I personally would prefer to have one service which could handle
> both.

OK.

> Anyway here is my initial attempt. The patch is against
> freetype-current from 25 March (er... almost. It does not include
> the phantom point patches I sent in earlier). It also includes two
> new files.

Thanks.  Yamato-san, please check it and comment -- I think it looks
OK, but you probably have to adapt (simplify) the FTL stuff which
might cause changes.  Perhaps it is best if you use David's branch.

> It has a very un-freetype feel to it.  I'm not familiar with streams
> and I couldn't figure out how to seek around within a frame, so I
> added two macros at the start of my (new) file ttgxvar.c.  I'm sure
> there's a better way of doing things.

I agree that it doesn't look optimal.  What about FT_STREAM_POS,
FT_STREAM_SEEK, and FT_STREAM_SKIP?  Have a look into ftstream.[ch].

> ft2demos-current does not compile against freetype2-current, so I
> did not extend ftmulti.c

Really?  For me it does.  Please show the error messages.