Re: [Devel] how to cope with bitmap glyphs?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] how to cope with bitmap glyphs?
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 12:16:34 +0200 (CEST)

> so what's the usage of the bitmap if the EBDT,EBLC tables exist?

This question has a very simple answer: If a bitmap for a given glyph
index exist, FreeType uses it, provided you don't have the
FT_LOAD_NO_BITMAP loading flag set.

> someone has suggest me to read GDEF ,GSUB, GPOS table, but I dont
> yet know the relation between the bitmap & glyphid. would you give
> me a exaborative

GDEF, GSUB, and GPOS have *nothing* to do with embedded bitmaps!
These tables are for OpenType features.  Please read the OpenType
specification, either available from Adobe or Microsoft.