[Devel] Re: Apple's 'gvar' table and friends

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: [Devel] Re: Apple's 'gvar' table and friends
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 02:46:03 +0900 (JST)

Sorry to be late.
My disk was crashed.
I've taken logner timer to recover it.
Mail reached from 26th March to 4th April are gone.
I'm tracking the discussion by www.gmane.org.

>> Anyway here is my initial attempt. The patch is against
>> freetype-current from 25 March (er... almost. It does not include
>> the phantom point patches I sent in earlier). It also includes two
>> new files.
>
> Thanks.  Yamato-san, please check it and comment -- I think it looks
> OK, but you probably have to adapt (simplify) the FTL stuff which
> might cause changes.  Perhaps it is best if you use David's branch.

I have not read deeply George's patch yet. However, it seems that the
patch doesn't depend on layout related code. So, I think the patch should
be installed to HEAD not to LAYOUT.

BTW, which directory of freetype2 ttgxvar.c should be put to?
Do you think src/truetype is the best place?
If you think src/truetype is the best place, please tell me the criteria.
I'd like to apply the criteria to gxlayout.

I'll inspect gvar patch deeper later.

Masatake YAMATO