[ft-devel] Re: Problem with FreeType cache system

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: Problem with FreeType cache system
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:35:57 +0200 (CEST)

I'm forwarding this mail to the list.  Please help.

[...]  I'm having problem with the cache system under low memory
conditions.  It seems if our system doesn't have 'max_bytes'
available, FTC_CMapCache_Lookup will repeatedly fail (returing
glyph_index = 0) once there is no more memory.  Should the system free
part of the cache when there is no more memory or do I need to do this
manually (aka. freeing some FACEs/GLYPHs)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chip Kerchner
Senior Software Engineer
Pixelworks, Inc.