[ft-devel] LCD rendering bugs in ftview fixed

From: Turner, David
Subject: [ft-devel] LCD rendering bugs in ftview fixed
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:48:16 +0200

Hello,

just to inform you that I've fixed a bug in 'ft2demos' that
produced ugly rendering in LCD mode when ftview was used.

the best way to exhibit it was to cycle between rendering
modes with the 'L' key when ftview started. The second time
RGB mode was selected, the first glyphs displayed where
horribly "blackened"

the problem was some incorrect computation within the
gamma-correct glyph blender in ft2demos/graph/gblender.c
that later generated a read-overwrite.

FreeType 2 itself was NOT impacted by the bug.

On the other hand, I've started rewriting the cache
sub-system in a special branch, named "CACHE", of the
'freetype2' CVS module. My goal being to simplify the
design, ease the development of custom caches, and
even provide small speed gains.

At the moment, only the internals have been modified,
and the public API in <freetype/ftcache.h> is still valid.

More on this when it's completed. Which could be, well,
... no date whatsoever :-)

Finally, anyone interested in having RGB color filtering,
similar to what libXft and Cairo both implement, as an
optional FT2 component ?

Regards,

- David Turner