[ft-devel] freetype2.m4 code in a LGPL project...

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: [ft-devel] freetype2.m4 code in a LGPL project...
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:16:18 +0200

Hi all,

I use some code from freetype2.m4 in a LGPLed project, opendap. I didn't
know what was the precise licence when I first did it because the
freetype2.m4 file on my computer hadn't any licence. The only information
was that it was derived from gtk.m4, but the licence for that file isn't
available. By chance do you have an information about gtk.m4 licence? I
am not sure that it would be sufficient for me because I used the version
comparison code from freetype2.m4 that doesn't seems to come from gtk.m4
but it will be easier for me to go from there if I have to rewrite the
freetype2.m4 specific code.

Now I have looked in the freetype cvs and it seems that you dual licenced
the file under the freetype licence and the GPL. So I have a request
for you, which is, could it be possible for you to relicence it under the
LGPL such that I can use it?

PS: I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks for your attention.

--