[ft-devel] Fw: TrueType instruction tool

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] Fw: TrueType instruction tool
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:54:36 +0100 (CET)

I want to forward this mail, originally sent to the fontforge
development list.  Peter Baker's xgridfit tool seems to be quite nice!

    Werner
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: [Fontforge-devel] Not Line length problems Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:31:22 -0400 User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.6 (X11/20050801) Okay, it is working perfectly now, and I want to thank George Williams for yet another great Open Source experience!

If anyone wants to play with this instructing tool (which still has some rough edges), get this:

http://www.engl.virginia.edu/OE/junicode/junicode-src.tar.gz

Untar it to make a "junicode-src" directory, move the *.sfd files from the sfd to the xgridfit directory, enter that directory, and run (making sure your FontForge is current with CVS)

xsltproc xgridfit.xsl Junicode-Bold.xgf | fontforge -script -

Or if you want to see the immense script generated by xgridfit,

xsltproc -o Junicode-Bold.scr xgridfit.xsl Junicode-Bold.xgf

Cheers,
Peter Baker