Re: [ft-devel] Problem with Type 42 incremental downloading font

From: Dirck Blaskey
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Problem with Type 42 incremental downloading font
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:41:14 -0800

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

The incremental code has been contributed by Graham Asher, mainly for
use with GhostScript, IIRC (or was it Symbian?).  We don't actively
maintain it.

And, the incremental downloaded Type42 font object only I know is in
PostScript printing data: especially that generated for Distiller.
I agree, if FreeType can supporting incremental is good idea, but
what application uses it?

This code is also used by the Liberty Systems Postscript Interpreter (CentraDoc). It is quite handy in dealing with Postscript Type 42 fonts defined on-the-fly.
I had no idea it wasn't actively maintained.