Re: [ft-devel] some functions are FT_EXPORT declared in the internal hea

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] some functions are FT_EXPORT declared in the internal headers
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:58:50 +0100 (CET)

> These functions are FT_EXPORT_DEF'ed and declared by FT_EXPORT in
> the internal headers:
>
>       FT_Sqrt32

Should become FT_BASE.

>       FT_SqrtFixed

Already commented out.

>       FT_Trace_Get_Count
>       FT_Trace_Get_Name

Should become FT_BASE.

>       FT_Message
>       FT_Panic

Should become FT_BASE.

>       FT_New_Memory
>       FT_Done_Memory

Should become FT_BASE.

>       FT_Stream_Open

Should become FT_BASE.

> If they are, I can fix them.

Please do.

> And there are two FT_EXPORT_DEF'ed functions in the sources:
>       FT_MulTo64

Please comment out.

>       TT_New_Context
>
> should be FT_LOCAL_DEF'ed. (or is it used by fontforge?)

It's not used by fontforge but by the `ttdebug' test program.  I
suggest to manually add it to exports.mk, similar to TT_RunIns.  This
allows a build of ttdebug with a DLL, and it shouldn't do much harm
otherwise.

BTW, I have no idea whether ttdebug still compiles :-)