Re: [ft-devel] [patch] vertical metrics zero for OpenType CFF

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [patch] vertical metrics zero for OpenType CFF
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:19:27 +0100 (CET)

> I've included a patch for a bug in FreeType related to zero values
> for vertical metrics for OpenType CFF fonts.

Thanks!  I've applied a simplified version to the CVS.  Sorry for the
long delay.

> My assumption is that the FreeType team didn't have time to
> implement this yet.

Mhmm, I think it is rather an oversight.  Currently, the htmx table is
completely ignored for OpenType CFF, this is, the advance width and
the left side bearing are directly computed from the CFF data.  This
seems to work without problems -- and is probably more reliable than
using the hmtx data.

Please test.