Re: [ft-devel] [patch] distinguish overlapped and unsorted segments in c

From: Chia-I Wu
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [patch] distinguish overlapped and unsorted segments in cmap format 4
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 20:04:41 +0800

Hi,

> > The problem I mentioned in the last mail is solved by replacing the
> > bool `cmap->unsorted' by `cmap->flags.'  So here is the patch.
> Both patches look good!  Please add them to the CVS.  I'll then run my
> suite of bad and problematic fonts...
Ok, I've committed.  There is one difference in format 4, in how
charcode 0 is mapped when offset is 0.  In my code and the original
`tt_cmap4_char_next', `delta' is always added to `charcode' to get
`gindex', as the spec says.  On the other hand, in original
`tt_cmap4_char_index', `delta' is added to `charcode' only when
`charcode' != 0.  Take this segment,

Segment=0 unicode-start=0000 end=007f range-offset=0 delta=1,

for example, 0 is mapped to 1 in the new code, while it is mapped to 0
in the original code.

There are also some differences when segments are unsorted.  The
original code assumes the unsorted segments are still somewhat sorted
and these assumptions are all removed now.

Other differences should be bugs.

olv