Re: [ft-devel] rendering differences between OS X and Win32

From: Kevin Barabash
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] rendering differences between OS X and Win32
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:07:12 -0700

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 03:29:22 -0700
> Kevin Barabash <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> >I'm try to write a cross platform application and I'd like there to be
> >uniform behaviour when it comes to rendering fonts.  Unfortunately I
> >ran into a bug and just to make sure that there wasn't a problem with
> >my code I wrote a short test program to highlight the bug.  Here's a
> >list of the program and the output for both OS X and Win32.
>
> I'm interested in the bug you reported, but
> I don't have enough time to track indepth
> mechanism. Give me 2 weeks before join to
> discussion...
>
> BTW, the font file arial.ttf is same?
> It is taken from MSIE fonts? If you see similar
> bug in various fonts, please let me know - we
> can test on other platforms too.

I thought for some reason, freetype might be accessing a system copy
of the font so I removed the font file from the directory on each
platform and of course the program crash.  The font file arial.ttf is
the same.  The specific file is taken from Microsoft's core font
collection: http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/

Kevin