[ft-devel] Re: [ft-cvs] freetype2 ./ChangeLog src/sfnt/ttmtx.c

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: [ft-devel] Re: [ft-cvs] freetype2 ./ChangeLog src/sfnt/ttmtx.c
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:08:34 +0900

Hi,

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:06:35 +0000
David Turner <address@hidden> wrote:
>CVSROOT:       /cvsroot/freetype
>Module name:   freetype2
>Branch:
>Changes by:    David Turner <address@hidden>   06/02/21 17:06:35
>
>Modified files:
>       .              : ChangeLog
>       src/sfnt       : ttmtx.c
>
>Log message:
>       * src/sfnt/sfmtx.c: disabling memory optimization when
>       FT_CONFIG_OPTION_OLD_INTERNALS is used. This is because libXfont
>       is directly accessing the HMTX data. Grrrrr....

Now you're working for libXfont from the side of FreeType?
I was working for libXfont to build with FreeType-2.2 with
correct manner (my scratch is available
https://www.codeblog.org/blog/mpsuzuki/20060211.html), but
my work is now stopped because I found that libXfont accesses
internal TrueType font table directly, as you pointed out,
and I didn't have quick fix. If you have any comment to
libXfont side, please let me know.

However, the packages depending libXfont are small part of
X11R7.0, and I'm looking for test tools for comprehensive
regression test.

Regards,
mpsuzuki