Re: [ft-devel] Wrong LCD subpixel autohinting in gnome

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Wrong LCD subpixel autohinting in gnome
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:29:22 -0400

Pjv> See for screenshots: http://http://users.skynet.be/pjvh/yellow.png
Pjv> showing the problem and users.skynet.be/pjvh/yellow2.png with problem
Pjv> solved (where the problem was solved by downgrading freetype again).

Assuming those match the ones you attached, and they both show the
same font, it looks like you disabled the byte code interpreter when
compiling 2.1.10, but enabled it with 2.1.9.

The ebuilds enable the interpreter as long as bindist is not in USE.

Another possibility is something in the fontconfig config that is
disabling the interpreter iff ft > 2.1.9, but I can't see anything
that could do that....

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>