[ft-devel] Fedora, DejaVu and bugs.freedesktop.org

From: Nicolas Mailhot
Subject: [ft-devel] Fedora, DejaVu and bugs.freedesktop.org
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 00:13:05 +0200

Hi all,

I'm currently running the following font test op:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fonts/DejavuFeedbackCall

So far I've collected all the problem reports in the freedesktop.org
bugzilla (DejaVu is not a freedesktop project but the f.d.o people
kindly agreed to create a dejavu component in their issue tracker).

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=DejaVu

This is convenient because sometimes the problems users report are
really pango bugs (or inversely pango bugs may actually be caused by
problems in dejavu) so once the culprit is identified it's just a
reassign away. (the alternative is to do a new report somewhere else but
mostly people do not bother and the report is lost)

However it seems the DejaVu op is hiting a whole new class of bugs -
freetype autohinter problems (Fedora is disabling anything tainted like
the bytecode interpreter, so almost every tester is using the
autohinter).

Would the freetype developers be interested in opening a bug component
in f.d.o like dejavu so pango or dejavu bugs can be easily reassigned to
freetype (or inversely)?

Or is there are least a mail bugs.freedesktop.org knows of I can use to
relay the info to someone interested?

Nicolas Mailhot