[ft-devel] problems with OpenType/CFF in Freetype 2.3.0

From: Axel Stoltenberg
Subject: [ft-devel] problems with OpenType/CFF in Freetype 2.3.0
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:52:59 +0100

Hello list,

since we updated to FreeType 2.3.0, some glyphs in
some of our fonts (Opentype, CFF) are not rendered any more.

My sample font was generated from Type1 to OpenType with Adobe's SDK.

If I use our own fontdisplayer (which uses FreeType) or Freetype's demo program
"ftstring", several characters (i, j, m, n, ...) are missing in the output and
only blank characters appear.
Using an older version of the FreeType library, all characters are displayed
correctly in both programs.

The font can be installed under Windows and all characters are OK, too.

During the conversion from Type1 to OTF, the "subroutinize" switch of
Adobe's SDK was switched on.
If the font is produced without setting the "subroutinize" flag, all characters
are displayed correctly using FreeType 2.3.0, too.

Has this problem been reported already ? Any hint is appreciated.

Axel