Re: [ft-devel] how Windows selects font names

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] how Windows selects font names
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:23:28 -0400

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 01:41 -0400, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> This might be of great interest for some of you.  I wonder whether
> FreeType shall follow those rules.
>

>   http://blogs.msdn.com/text/archive/2007/04/23/wpf-font-selection-model.aspx

Ok, finally got to read this.  Indeed very interesting.  I'd say
fontconfig (and to some extent Pango) should be made to follow those
rules.  And many Pango users would appreciate that.  We already have a
few bugs open against Pango that would be solved if we follow those
rules in fontconfig and Pango.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/