Re: [ft-devel] Does the Freetype support the ligature of Opentype?

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Does the Freetype support the ligature of Opentype?
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 19:02:18 +0900

It is dependent with how the ligature is specified.
If the ligature is specified by the Adobe Glyph Name
and the font resource is PostScript (Type1 or CFF),
FreeType2 supports it.

If the ligature glyph is specified by OpenType
technology, and it is expected that automatic substitution
from a serie of coded characters to ligature glyph,
it is the role of OpenType rendering systems like
ICU, Pango etc.

Regards,
mpsuzuki