[ft-devel] 16bit patch set is updated to git HEAD

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: [ft-devel] 16bit patch set is updated to git HEAD
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 21:20:24 +0900

Hi all,

I've ever posted 3 patch sets for 16-bit and 64-bit systems:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2009-01/msg00087.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2009-02/msg00001.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2009-02/msg00002.html

Afterwards, the repository of FT2 was moved to GIT and various
improvement has been applied to main trunk (and some bits of
the patch sets are obsoleted).

I've updated them (patchset 1 & 2) to HEAD of the main trunk
in GIT, and committed to new branch "int-not32-changes".

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2.git/log/?h=int-not32-changes
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/freetype/freetype2.git/snapshot/freetype2-int-not32-changes.tar.gz

Most patches had ever been reviewed by Werner when I've posted,
so I will merge them to the main trunk within July, please test.

I attached the log files of:
* git master trunk built by PureC on AtariST (cache and zlib cannot be built)
* int-not32-change built by PureC on AtariST (cache and zlib are built)
* git master trunk built by Xcode 3.1.2 Mac OS X 10.5.7 (ppc/ppc64/i386/x86_64)
* int-not32-change built by Xcode 3.1.2 Mac OS X 10.5.7 (ppc/ppc64/i386/x86_64)
You can find remarkable difference of log file size for AtariST.

I could not find appropriate debug options for genuine gcc
to warn implicit cast that may change the value (similar to
-Wshorten-64-to-32 on Apple's gcc). -Wconversion is similar
but it warns not only implicit but also explicit cast that
may change the value. If anybody knows appropriate one, or
the combination of the options, please let me know. I will
make the log comparison for Linux/i386 vs Linux/amd64.

Regards,
mpsuzuki

P.S.
The patchset 3 is not included at present: it was designed for LP64
systems to reduce 64-bit variables, it introduce FT_NEXT_FAST()
etc, replace many FT_Long/FT_ULong variables and members of structures
by FT_Fast/FT_UFast. I will rework it by following Werner's comment:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2009-02/msg00005.html