[ft-devel] Anybody could check current FT2 for WATCOM compiler?

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: [ft-devel] Anybody could check current FT2 for WATCOM compiler?
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:08:05 +0900

Hi,

Recently I'm working for Borland C compiler in MinGW32
environment, with Mirco Babin:

        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/freetype/2009-07/msg00002.html

It seems that some makefiles should be fixed to C compilers
whose option syntax is incompatible with common Unix C
compilers.

So I tried WATCOM C compiler (we can download OSI-certified
free version from openwatcom.org). The WATCOM port was initially
introduced by David Turner on the end of 2000 (grep watcom
in ChangeLog 20). At that time, Turner marked it as perliminary
and doesn't work. Therefore, "make setup list" does not list
WATCOM. Afterwards, a few improvements were done, but still
WATCOM is not shown in the supported compiler list in "make
setup list".

When I execute "mingw32-make.exe setup watcom", the setup
finishes successfully, but "mingw32-make.exe" building the
library aborts immediately with the error:

        The system cannot execute the the specified program.

Under current WATCOM setup, the command to be executed is

        wcc386 -za \
        -I=.\objs -I=.\builds\win32 -I=.\include \
        -DFT2_BUILD_LIBRARY -DFT_CONFIG_MODULES_H="<ftmodule.h>" \
        -FO=.\objs\ftsyste.obj \
        .\src\base\ftsyste.obj

If I execute it via MS-DOS command line, it aborts with same
error message. While I remove the options and execute the
command, I found that the error is caused by too long argument
for wcc386. I think "too long" is not for MS-DOS commandline
(because bcc32 accepts the argument list with alsmot same
length).

If anybody had ever built FreeType2 with WATCOM C compiler
on MS-DOS environment, please check current source is
OK.

Regards,
mpsuzuki