Re: [ft-devel] more thoughts on cubic spline flattening

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] more thoughts on cubic spline flattening
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 13:04:06 +0200 (CEST)

Graham,

> Here's a patch for review.  As you know I have also started the
> process of registering as a contributor, so I might be able to
> commit directly if you like.

You have now write permission.  Thanks in advance!  The patch looks
good to me (I haven't tested yet, however).

Here some comments w.r.t. coding style.  It's not too important to
follow (normally, while reviewing, I fix this anyway), but...

   +/* The maximum distance of a curve from the chord, in 64ths of a pixel;
used when flattening curves. */

Please stay within a width of 80 characters, both for code and
comments.

     FT_Vector*  arc;

-
     dx = DOWNSCALE( ras.x ) + to->x - ( control->x << 1 );

After the block of variable definitions there is intentionally two
empty lines.

+      top --;

Please no space before `--' or `++'.

+       TPos dx1, dy1, dx2, dy2;
+       int midx = ( DOWNSCALE( ras.x ) + to->x ) / 2;
+       int midy = ( DOWNSCALE( ras.y ) + to->y ) / 2;
+       dx1 = control1->x - midx;

Consequently, I ask you to insert two empty lines after the `int
midy'.  Additionally, there should be two spaces after the type of a
variable and the variable itself; normally, we align variable names
vertically too:

  TPos  dx1, ...
  int   midx = ...
  int   midy = ...

  dx1 = control1->x - midx;

And please no tabs.

Finally, please don't forget to create a proper ChangeLog entry in a
style similar to the other entries.  In particular, there should be a
single line summary entry first (intended for gitk), then an empty
line, then the rest of a detailed change log.  If you do `git commit',
simply copy the ChangeLog entry and remove the tabs.

I know it is quite time consuming to provide detailed ChangeLog
entries, but it is extremely valuable later on.