Re: [ft-devel] truetype metrics resize request question

From: Алексей Подтележников
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] truetype metrics resize request question
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 21:38:03 -0400

2011/7/16 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

>> For reference if anyone is curious, any pixel size that is not a
>> multiple of 5 will exhibit the problem.  A couple common ones are
>> 72px and 96px which should be a 72x72 and 96x96 respectively.
>> Leading is 0 for Ahem so height should be ascent+descent.
>
> 謝謝��
>
> I've applied your patch.

This commit b0962ac34e66052ccfee7996e5468f30d4bd5a72
and possibly f095744d2db48eddc79bc744c3286e26ebd2c694
change a lot in the way fonts are rendered, their height and
line spacing. I am not saying that I do not like the change, but
it is a big one. Notice how line spacing jumps in the ftview of
Times New Roman. Also look at the location bar of Firefox.
There are more changes throughout the rendered page.

Werner, you are right, it should be reflected in the CHANGES.
The changes result in better, more consistent line spacing.
DejaVu got one point smaller, there is nothing wrong with
that too.