Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint 0.6 has been released

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] ttfautohint 0.6 has been released
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 07:29:31 +0100 (CET)

> ttfautohint 0.6 has been released.

While testing google's new Roboto font (version 1.0), I found out that
ttfautohint 0.6 crashes, unfortunately.  Reason is the very weird
glyph `nonbreakingspace' (its bbox is xMin=32767, yMin=32767,
xMax=-32767, yMax=-32767, BTW) which is a composite glyph with a
single component, namely `space'.  However, `space' has no contours at
all...

Well, constructing such an anomaly is valid, but I haven't considered
this case.  Alas, it means a major redesign of some algorithms in
ttfautohint.  I'll release 0.6.1 after fixing this issue.