Re: [ft-devel] Fetching bitmap strike size from GlyphSlot

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Fetching bitmap strike size from GlyphSlot
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 22:18:47 +0100 (CET)

>> FreeType doesn't return a 16ppem glyph image at 80ppem for a bitmap
>> font; this rather causes an error.
>
> Really?  Even with SFNT-based bitmap-only fonts?  That's definitely
> not what I'm observing.

*Blush* Oh!  Sounds like a bug.  Please send me a sample font.

>> Perhaps something like this untested code?
>
> Right.  That's what I was afraid of.  It's so hard planting that
> logic into a code otherwise using FreeType to load glyphs.  To
> contrast, all I need is a function to return the chosen strike.

It's not completely clear to me what you *exactly* want.  Can you give
more details?

An please have a look at function `FT_Match_Size' in `ftobjs.c'.  Does
this (or some similar code) fits your needs?  It should be
straightforward to add it to the public API.