Re: [ft-devel] FreeType with Emscripten: problems with some fonts scale

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] FreeType with Emscripten: problems with some fonts scale
Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 11:00:43 +0200 (CEST)

> latin vertical edge hinting (style `latn_dflt') [...]

Are you sure that auto-hinter gets compiled into JavaScript at all?
Maybe it helps if you compare the log output using the following value
for FT2_DEBUG:

  afglobal:5 afhints:5 aflatin:5 afharfbuzz:5

> Second, outline sizes are all wrong in JavaScript, even though I
> render font at exactly the same size.

This might be a consequence of trying to call the auto-hinter if it
isn't there.

> So it seems to me that for some reason glyph and its outline simple
> do not get scaled in JavaScript version. Could anyone point me where
> to look in FreeType code to check why does scaling isn't happening?

Do a breakpoint around line 717 of `base/ftobjs.c' (in function
`FT_Load_Glyph') and follow the call to

  hinting->load_glyph

which should bring you into the `autofit' module (i.e., functions
starting with the prefix `af_').