Re: [ft-devel] [ft-announce] Announcing FreeType version 2.6.1

From: Behdad Esfahbod
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [ft-announce] Announcing FreeType version 2.6.1
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 16:16:14 -0400

On 15-10-07 09:54 PM, Alexei Podtelezhnikov wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Behdad Esfahbod
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Can you please make more quick-and-small releases for important fixes?
>
> It does not matter

It actually does.

*Because* FreeType has very few releases, updating to a new release has become
a major burden for most projects.  Any update will inevitably change
rasterizations, which results in angry users, lots of developer time wasted
updating golden images of projects that thought it's a good idea to test their
results pixel by pixel, and in general debugging why things changed and
deciding whether the change is ok or needs to be reported back to FreeType, etc.

Anyway, I'll ask for more releases as things get fixed.

Thanks,
behdad