Re: [ft-devel] Announcing ttfautohint 1.6

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Announcing ttfautohint 1.6
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 12:10:49 +0100 (CET)

Hello Dave!

> For the reference argument, could you tell us an example of how to
> use this in practice, such as with the Roboto family?

Here's the example given in the ttfautohint documentation, namely the
Fira font, where it gets extremely nasty:

https://www.freetype.org/ttfautohint/doc/ttfautohint.html#blue-zone-reference-font

Is this sufficient or do you need more details?

I plan to regenerate the images in the `noto-hinted' repository, using
the reference option also.