Re: [ft-devel] [smooth] Implement minimal dynamic padding for LCD filter

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [smooth] Implement minimal dynamic padding for LCD filtering. -- Still breaks Firefox
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 09:34:11 -0400

On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 2:00 AM, Markus Trippelsdorf <address@hidden> wrote:
So yes, it is wrong that Skia doesn't use the size and offset returned
by FreeType. But even if Skia fixes it, it will take a while before the
fix reaches all users.

I did reach out to Ben a couple of month ago asking to rework the code. He told me to break it first and then file a bug report. So I waited for a new release cycle, broke Skia, and file a bug report. There is time to fix it.