[ft-devel] [GSoC] Visualizing/organizing different rendering modes

From: Arvinder Bhathal
Subject: [ft-devel] [GSoC] Visualizing/organizing different rendering modes
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 06:05:49 -0400

This is something I wasn't sure about when dealing with different
rendering modes. Should the different modes be organized and displayed
separately? For example, if the glyphs were displayed side-by-side (to
be compact vs. a list), the general idea (considering mono,
antialiased and lcd) would be:

Font X - Mono
[A][A'] [B][B'] [C][C']... (organized by id in this case)
Font X - Antialiased
[A][A'] [B][B'] [C][C']... (organized by id in this case)
Font X - LCD
[A][A'] [B][B'] [C][C']... (organized by id in this case)

In comparison to a collated option which would look something like:

Font X
[A mono][A mono'] [C LCD][C LCD'] [A LCD][A LCD'] [B antialiased][B
antialiased']... (organized by difference in this case)

Should there be an option to switch between them? This is also
assuming the fonts are separated. A "screw the fonts, just give me the
pairs of glyphs that changed the most" display option is also
possible. Please let me know any thoughts or if I should clarify my
question.