Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] CID font support, and others

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [GSoC] CID font support, and others
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 15:38:08 +0200 (CEST)

>> This mostly matters on 32-bit build without FT_LONG64. Forget about
>> it for now but don't lose the patch. Do you mind sharing it?
>
> I've pushed it to `ewaldhew-wip'.

Thanks.

> Also, I have questions regarding final submission guidelines. I am
> supposed to provide a stable link, I'm thinking of a commit range on
> master on cgit, since Savannah has no "merge request" functionality.

OK.

> Werner, what are your plans for merging the code?

I'll use `format-patch' to extract the patches, then construct proper
ChangeLog entries (based on your commit messages) and commit them to
master.  Finally, I'll walk over the complete code and apply cosmetic
polishing where necessary :-)

> Or any specific way you had in mind for us to consolidate all our
> work for submission (for archival purposes too)?  Could also keep
> the working clean branch forever, or push a clone to github.

Yes, keeping your branch makes sense – it should probably renamed so
that `GSoC 2017' appears in its name.  Additionally, all your other
activity is already archived – one of the reasons I asked for
communication over the `freetype-devel' list.