[ft-devel] windows: why the .lib file isn?t generated (Re: Freetype-deve

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: [ft-devel] windows: why the .lib file isn?t generated (Re: Freetype-devel Digest, Vol 151, Issue 38)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 16:17:58 +0000 (UTC)

> Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 10:34:24 -0700
> From: "address@hidden"
> <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: [ft-devel] windows: why the
> .lib file isn?t generated

<snipped>

> I expect to see both

> %SRC%\objs\vc2010\Win32\freetype*.lib

> %SRC%\objs\vc2010\Win32\freetype*.dll

> But I only see the .dll

> I am trying to use this with occt (Open
> Cascade), which fails to
> configure if the .lib is not present.

> How do I fix my build?

This is rather something you should consult your visual studio documentation
for - I suspect it is a radio button option somewhere. The *.lib is called an
"import library" - i.e. find that option in your visual studio menus.. Perhaps
you can follow the mingw link below to fix it after the build too.

When I am cross-compiling freetype for windows from linux (with the mingw cross
gcc), the *.lib import libraries are created by an additional step with:
dlltool :
http://www.mingw.org/wiki/createimportlibraries