[ft-devel] Patent info for LCD subpixel filter

From: Luca Lolli
Subject: [ft-devel] Patent info for LCD subpixel filter
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 15:36:15 +0000

Hello,

I am contacting you to have some information regarding the patent for the LCD subpixel filtering.

I am currently using the Skia library with freetype, and I noticed in your website that there is a patent regarding this feature, but it’s really unclear if it’s possible to enable it with no risks or not.

Will it be possible to have more information about it? Or is there a safe way to use the feature?

Thanks

Best regards,

Luca L.

--

Luca Lolli

Software Engineer

Ableton AG

Schoenhauser Allee 6-7

10119 Berlin, Germany

Management Board/Vorstand: Gerhard Behles, Jan Bohl

Chair of the Supervisory Board/Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Uwe Struck

Registered Office/Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg, HRB 72838

Ableton.com