Re: [ft-devel] freetype-web: New documentation regarding interfaces and

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] freetype-web: New documentation regarding interfaces and services.
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 07:55:41 +0200 (CEST)

>> (I converted many things already:
>> https://github.com/madig/freetype-web -- I just didn't have the
>> time to follow this up. The big missing part would be integrating
>> the design of FreeType.org)
>
> Ah, I see, I missed that. Thanks :)
>
> Seems like the task is mostly done, then.  I imagine we could have
> sources in markdown and make page template + site listing
> description files, then have a python script to generate the HTML
> pages for publishing.

Sounds fine!

BTW, a very good markdown interpreter is `pandoc', with many nice and
useful extensions – I use it to generate both the HTML and the LaTeX
documentation for ttfautohint.  This would be my favourite
markdown->HTML conversion program.

  https://www.freetype.org/ttfautohint/doc/ttfautohint.html

Another job would be to extend FreeType's current `docmaker' python
script suite to also spit out markdown (together with changing all
header comments to follow markup syntax).

In total, this is *a lot* of work – actually, it sounds like a GSoC
2018 project :-)