Re: [ft-devel] Text rendering error

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Text rendering error
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 15:56:11 +0900

Sorry, the names of DLCLiShu and DLCHayBold are already included.
Maybe you refer legacy version of FreeType2. Only DFGothic-EB should
be added to the list of the names of tricky fonts. Due to the lack
of concrete fonts, some fonts are listed without checksum info
(e.g. see last commit on 2017-May-07), so it would be acceptable to
include the fix for family name.

> and if the subsetted font's family name is empty, we also add the subsetted
> font's
> cvt/prep/fpgm checksums to FreeType?

Yes. Maybe, the fix for family name list would not resolve the
issue for 1.pdf & 2.pdf. For 3 fonts (DFGothic-EB, DLCLiShu, DLCHayBold),
no checksums are cared.

Regards,
mpsuzuki