Re: [ft-devel] Fwd: buiding ttfautohint with cmake?

From: Martin Gieseking
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Fwd: buiding ttfautohint with cmake?
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 13:45:22 +0100

Am 10.12.2017 um 12:20 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:

Werner, do you think libttfautohint is stable enough to provide it
as a separate static and shared library and not just as an internal
one for the ttfautohint executables?  It would be great if third
party applications could link against it too in order to benefit
from your great work.

Since I've applied your patch, this will now happen :-)

Great, I just noticed your email about that. ;-) It might also be useful to add a pkg-config file to simplify the build process of programs using libttfautohint. I've attached a patch that creates a simple one which works for me so far.

Thanks to the keyword-value interface I don't think that the API will
fundamentally change.

OK that's fine. If the semantics of a key should change in the future for some reason, this could be reflected by bumping the ABI number.

Could you also add a function to the library that returns the current ttfautohint version, e.g. "1.7"? Maybe something simple like this:

TA_LIB_EXPORT const char*
TTF_autohint_version()
{
  return VERSION;